Spinning For The First Time

So your wondering about my experiance at the Fiber fair.
It took about two hours to drive there. In the beginning of October, Dutches County is in full color. This and the company made the drive wonderful.
Upon arrival the first question was "Where to begin?" If you have just begun spinning and are looking to get information, this is the place to go. There were so many people there it made getting through the exibits a bit difficult but, not enough to deture me. It was however a bit overwhelming. Beautiful fiber, fiber every where, just which one shall I spin. After about 1 hour there I knew that I would need to buy a wheel and some wool to spin. I found a wonderful lady selling spinning wheels and fiber and low and behold I found my wheel. It is a Ashford traditional, unfinished, double drive, single treadle. At this point all I wanted now was some fiber to spin on it and to go home and put it together.
Just like a child on Christmas morning, not minutes after I got home I was in the box unloading parts to assemble my wheel. Cardboard and paper flying around my living room. By the next day I was spinning.
Now I needed Help. How am I suppose to do this?

1 Comments:
I started spinning on a spindle first, and got a wheel a couple of months later. I do remember, however, that feeling of excitement when I unpacked the wheel... Be very careful, it's extremely addictive. I am now up to TONS of spindles, 5 wheels, 1 loom (thinking about 2nd loom) and enough knitting materials to keep me going for several lifetimes. :D
Post a Comment
<< Home