Stitch and Thyme

New spinner / farmer learning how to get though this new lesson in life without to many bumps and slubs along the way.

Name:
Location: Upstate, New York, United States

I am a spinner and knitter living in upstate NY.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

What To Do Next

Know one ever told me how much I would enjoy spinning. It is so addictive.
The one thing that I needed to make sure of was that I learned how to do it correctly. My first step was to contact my local spinning guild. What a wonderful and divers bunch of woman. ( there are no men in the guild at this time to my knowledge. ) There must be around 40 of us. When I went the first time so many of these kind ladies offered their assistance and advise on how to spin and what to spin. At the fair I purchased some coopworth and 8oz of merino silk mix. I decided to hold of on the merino until I was experienced enough to work with such a luxurious fiber. ( that didn't take long. Just like any addict I wanted the good stuff.) I have so far spun over 7 pounds of wool or more. I am making an approximation.
One of the nicest feelings I have had is knitting with the fiber I have spun.

The next step to spinning would be ........... Getting my own Sheep... Hmm
did that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home